Nick Harris is a Partner at Cassaday & Company, Inc. and has been with the firm since 2006. Nick works with families, individuals, and nonprofit organizations to guide them through important life and financial decisions. By listening carefully to investors, engaging them in purposeful conversation, and educating them about their financial situations, Nick is dedicated to helping his clients achieve their long-term goals.
Nick practices a model of integrated wealth management that provides a systematic approach to financial planning. He addresses all of the relevant areas of personal finance, including investment management, insurance, income and estate tax planning, charitable giving, retirement planning, wealth accumulation, and cash flow generation. He works collaboratively with his clients’ CPAs, estate planning attorneys, mortgage brokers, and other professionals to create a comprehensive financial plan.
Nick is a senior member of Cassaday & Company, Inc.’s Investment Policy Committee (IPC), which develops the firm’s overall investment selections and policies. He assists with collaboratively reviewing our clients’ holdings and asset allocations, market conditions, research studies, economic analyses, and other areas relevant to the investment process.
Nick is a native of Alexandria, Virginia, and a graduate of Gonzaga College High School in Washington, D.C. He holds a bachelor’s degree from the University of Virginia and is a CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ (CFP®)*, a professional designation he attained through Georgetown University’s Executive Certificate in Financial Planning program.
In addition to the CFP®, Nick has attained the following designations: Accredited Estate Planner® (AEP®), Chartered Advisor in Philanthropy® (CAP®), and Chartered Retirement Planning Counselor® (CRPC®). He also holds the Series 7 and Series 66 securities registrations.
Nick lives in Alexandria, Virginia, with his wife, Anna, and their daughter, Clare; three sons, Tompson, Hayes, and Carr; and their English Retriever, Harry.
Nick’s Awards & Media Mentions:
- Forbes – Best-In-State Wealth Advisor (2019, 2020, 2021, 2023)
- Forbes – Top Next Generation Wealth Advisor (2017, 2018, 2019)
- Northern Virginia Magazine – Top Financial Professional (2020, 2021, 2022, 2023)
- Osaic Wealth (formerly Royal Alliance Associates, Inc.) ‘Royal Court’ – a distinction awarded for being among the Top 50 Producers with the broker/dealer (2015-2022)
- Forbes – Don’t Strike Out With Your Investments (April 2021)
- Virginia Business – P.A.I.N.T. Your Financial Mountain (December 2022)
Other Community Involvement:
- Washington DC Regional Selection Committee Interviewer for the University of Virginia’s Jefferson Scholars Foundation and a member of the Shadwell Society, whose mission is to engage alumni of UVA to provide support, meaningful service, and future leadership to the Jefferson Scholars Foundation. (2020 – Present)
- Belle Haven Citizens Association in Alexandria, VA – Treasurer (2022 – Present)
- Fort Hunt Youth Basketball Coach in Alexandria, VA (2022 – Present)
- SCAN Stop Child Abuse Now (SCAN) of Northern Virginia – member of the Circle of Hope and former member of the Council of Young Professionals (CYP) from 2013-2016
- PRS, Inc. (formerly Psychiatric Rehabilitation Services) – served as a member of the Board of Directors from 2010-2015, including one-year as Chairman of the Board from 2012-2013
- Rotary Club of Alexandria, VA (2011 – Present)
- Northern Virginia Estate Planning Council (2011-Present)
- Royal Alliance’s Millennial Advisory Board – served from 2015-2018 as one of the founding Board Members and only eight advisors nationally under the age of 35 providing feedback, fostering communication, and strengthening relationships within the broker-dealer
Nick is an Investment Advisor Representative with Cassaday & Company, Inc. and a Registered Representative with Osaic Wealth, one of the largest independent broker-dealer firms in the country.
*Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc. (CFP Board) owns the CFP® certification mark, the CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ certification mark, and the CFP® certification mark (with plaque design) logo in the United States, which it authorizes use of by individuals who successfully complete CFP Board’s initial and ongoing certification requirements.
**To learn more about the criteria for each of these awards, click here.
Forbes – Best-In-State Wealth Advisors – (2019, 2020, 2021, 2023) – The Forbes ranking of Best-In-State Wealth Advisors, developed by SHOOK Research, is based on an algorithm of qualitative criteria, gained through telephone, virtual and in-person due diligence interviews, and quantitative data. Those advisors that are considered have a minimum of seven years experience, and the algorithm weighs factors like revenue trends, assets under management, compliance records, industry experience and those that encompass best practices in their approach to working with clients. Portfolio performance is not a criterion due to varying client objectives and lack of audited data. Neither Forbes nor SHOOK receive a fee in exchange for rankings.
Forbes – Best-In-State Next-Gen Wealth Advisors – (2017, 2018, 2019) – Developed in 2019 by SHOOK Research, this list is based on an algorithm of qualitative criterion, mostly gained through telephone and in-person due diligence interviews, and quantitative data. Those advisors that are considered have a minimum of four years’ experience, and the algorithm weighs factors like revenue trends, assets under management, compliance records, industry experience and those that encompass the highest standards of best practices. Portfolio performance is not a criterion due to varying client objectives and lack of audited data. Neither Forbes nor SHOOK receive a fee in exchange for rankings.
Northern Virginia Magazine – (2020, 2021, 2022) – The Top Financial Professional list is compiled by the Northern Virginia magazine. The magazine sends out nomination forms to Financial Associations in Northern Virginia to nominate professional advisors in the various categories. The “Top Financial Professional” listing is given to those financial advisors that receive the most nominations. Financial professionals do not pay a fee to be included.